Founded as a mission of a small Baptist church in the heart of Houston, ROBS’ Christian identity is a cornerstone of its academic philosophy. Now, more than 65 years after its inception, the two-part mission remains a steady compass. ROBS melds ambitious academics with robust character and spiritual development.
Our program is purposefully designed around how kids learn best. Much like the growth mindset we promote among our learners, we are continuously enhancing our research-based curriculum with modern advances in brain science, social emotional learning, differentiated instruction, and educational psychology. As a result, kids at ROBS love learning.
The mission of River Oaks Baptist School is to prepare its students to meet life’s challenges and lead tomorrow’s world through a superior educational program undergirded by faith in Jesus Christ and Christian principles.
We believe that strong foundations are built upon:
- Balanced growth of the interdependent aspects of human nature—intellectual, physical, spiritual, moral, and social.
- Principles of responsibility, diligence, and cooperation, as well as respect for diversity and the dignity of the individual; and
- Skills in critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and effective communication.
We believe that our students will reach their fullest growth in a school environment which:
- Encourages students, faculty, and staff to see themselves as uniquely created by God with special qualities and gifts for development;
- Balances high expectations with developmentally-appropriate nurturing; and
- Works cooperatively with parents in concert with the School’s mission for the benefit of the student.
Diversity Mission Statement
The River Oaks Baptist community acknowledges and respects the diversity that exists in our ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds, the languages we speak, the traditions we observe, our financial and educational resources, how we learn, and the special needs and gifts that we may have. River Oaks Baptist School believes that welcoming people with diverse points of view and being sensitive to the interests and traditions of others while remaining true to our Christian foundation emulates Christ-like principles of living.
River Oaks Baptist School is committed to a diverse School community whose members embrace the Mission Statement, the School’s religious teachings and values, and policies of the School by:
- Attracting, retaining, and supporting a diverse student-body and their families who acknowledge and accept that Christian principles will be integrated into all areas of school life;
- Attracting, retaining, and supporting a diverse faculty and administration who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior;
- Actively teaching and advocating the appreciation and valuing of diversity throughout the School and community.
ROBS has always believed children’s intellect, spirituality, and character are inextricably intertwined. Our winning aspiration is to strengthen that twine so our students can thrive in a fast-paced and changing world. Our strategic initiatives compel us to nurture what is special in each of us, to exemplify inclusivity, equity, and justice, and to irrigate the social-emotional well of healthy human growth and development.
We have charted a roadmap to equip our children for a future we can only imagine with clear, yet flexible responses to our strategic questions: Roadmap 2020.