Teachers meet students where they are and stretch
them to their full potential.
|100% OF FACULTY WITH ADVANCED TRAINING|
ALL ROBS faculty receive additional training
each year, keeping them at the top of their game.
Baptist in name, ecumenical in practice. Like Jesus,
we invite everyone to the table.
|33% STUDENTS OF COLOR|
Because representation matters. Communities of
diverse identities enrich academic experiences
and track better outcomes.
|40+ ZIP CODES REPRESENTED|
Nestled in the heart of Houston’s urban landscape,
ROBS isn’t your typical neighborhood school.
|98% OF GRADUATES ADMITTED TO |
THEIR HIGH SCHOOL OF CHOICE
Eighth graders choose their high schools, not the other
way around. The ROBS High School Counseling office
guides them every step of the way.
|2019 NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON SCHOOL|
The U.S. Department of Education has
singled out ROBS as a model of best practices
for schools around the country.
|DAILY AFTER-SCHOOL CARE|
PrimeTime, ROBS’ after-school program, is the
play date you don’t have to schedule.
Offered every day until 6:00 p.m.
ROBS at a Glance
Founded as a mission of a small Baptist church in the heart of Houston, ROBS’ Christian identity is a cornerstone of its academic philosophy. Now, more than 65 years after its inception, the two-part mission remains a steady compass.
Our purpose is purposefully designed around how kids learn best. Much like the growth mindset we promote among our learners, we are continuously enhancing our research-based curriculum with modern advances in brain science, social emotional learning, differentiated instruction, and educational psychology. As a result, kids love learning at ROBS.
The mission of River Oaks Baptist School is to prepare its students to meet life’s challenges and lead tomorrow’s world through a superior educational program undergirded by faith in Jesus Christ and Christian principles.
We believe that strong foundations are built upon:
- Balanced growth of the interdependent aspects of human nature—intellectual, physical, spiritual, moral, and social.
- Principles of responsibility, diligence, and cooperation, as well as respect for diversity and the dignity of the individual; and
- Skills in critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and effective communication.
We believe that our students will reach their fullest growth in a school environment which:
- Encourages students, faculty, and staff to see themselves as uniquely created by God with special qualities and gifts for development;
- Balances high expectations with developmentally-appropriate nurturing; and
- Works cooperatively with parents in concert with the School’s mission for the benefit of the student.